The world is changing rapidly. Similarly, the delivery process of ecommerce goods. Several years ago, the delivery of goods from giant manufacturing companies and merchants in East Asia was carried out by ships. Everything is running slow. This causes every order from the United States, Europe and other countries takes up to several months to get to the destination.
The United States Postal Service (USPS) and Hong Kong Post then made an agreement to increase the volume of ecommerce trade from China by creating ePacket as a cheaper and faster shipping option for merchants in mainland China and Hong Kong to deliver small retail packages (up to 2 kg or 4.4 lbs) to countries listed.
Besides package weight, USPS applies several package criteria that are allowed to use ePacket delivery:
- Value: The value of item shipped is a maximum of $ 400, and must be sent from China or Hong Kong to eligible countries.
- Dimension: A packet that is rolled up should have a minimum length of 11 cm, while the longest side should not be more than 90 cm. The longest side of a regular package should not be more than 60 cm.
ePacket has created a great success in increasing the volume of online trading between China and the US. This encourages the expansion of these services outside the United States. You can expect the item you ordered shipped via ePacket if your country is included in this list:
- Hong Kong
- Indonesia (currently in a trial run)
- Kazakhstan (currently in a trial run)
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- United Kingdom**
- United States***
- Vietnam (currently in a trial run)
* France: Packages can be shipped to mainland France with zip codes that start with 01 to 95. The packages cannot currently be shipped to overseas territories, including Corsica, Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guiana, Reunion, St. Pierre and Miquelon and Mayotte.
** United Kingdom: Packages can be shipped to mainland UK as well as the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
*** United States: Packages can be shipped to all states, territories and military addresses within the United States.
What are the benefits of sending with ePacket?
Fast: of course we cannot expect ePacket to compete in terms of speed with Amazon delivery. Especially when your ordered item is sent across continents. However, you can expect the package you ordered to arrive in a span of 7 – 20 business days. The following are references that can be used to estimate delivery time:
Average ePacket Shipping Times
- Brazil: 20 to 30 business days
- Mexico: 20 business days
- Vietnam: 5-7 business days
- Russia, Ukraine and Saudi Arabia: 7-15 business days
- All other supported countries: 7-10 business days
Cheaper than other delivery options: ePacket offers cheaper delivery options so we can provide a more competitive final price for your product. We even strive to eliminate shipping costs for most products. However, as the ePacket delivery goes through regular custom clearance, you may be required to pay any applicable taxes and duties regulated by your country authorities.